Monday, June 12, 2006

Two pleasant experiences.

I have had limited experiences of traveling with auto-rickshaw drivers; but not so pleasant till now. Many times I have seen them demanding more money than the meter shows or they took-off on a route which you believe is longer, and it is indeed longer and you pick-up fight over the route to take.

Day before yesterday, I met with this rickshaw driver who asked me for directions to take to the destination. He said he knew the route but not clearly and I may end-up paying more if he takes a longer route.

And today when I took a rickshaw from the pre-paid counter, avoiding the usual tendencies of taking the shortest possible route, he took off on a route which is longer but well-tarred and with lesser chances of being struck with traffic-jam.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails