Summer is the time for all major soft drink makers to roll out new ads to increase their market share or catch the attention of viewers.
I guess all major commercials for cold-drinks run for the worst ad category:
- Last year pepsi had launched a commercial "Oye bubly" which I thought was worst even though its tune went on to become huge hit. This year's commercial titled "Pepsi TV" is the sickest I have seen. The whole idea itself is not unique. You can extend that kind of concept to anything say to your furniture, your air-conditioner, to the paint of your wall etc.
- Thumbs up launched ad "Taste the thunder" where akshay kumar climbs up the light house and catches thunder in his bottle and gulps it. I thought the whole idea itself is far fetched and the ad ill-timed expecially in summer. cant imagine somebody trying to catch thunder in his outstretched arms without getting rosted alive, even if the stunt has been done by professional stuntmens.
- Then there is Aishwarya Rai starrer Coke's ad "Different whistle for different occasion".
- As usual mountain dew's "Kuch karte Hain" Ad.
- Mallika Sherawat's 7-up ad.
The best ads I have seen so far in the recent past have been the
- Hutch's "don't click photos without permission"
- Naukri.com's "Hari Sadu".
- Reliance's new ad, where a man goes to school and asks his son about the cricket score.
Add more if you could think of.