Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tag 'em

The most effective way of extracting a post (or embarrassing) is to put a tag on him. I was running away all this while from this tag business, but when Ajit has tagged me this post, its my turn to tag few.

Total Number of books I own:
Never bothered to count them (though when I was in the hostels I used to count them once in a while just to know the number books i have lost). Must be more than hundred.

Last Book I brought:
The Green Mile by Stephen King.

Last book I read:
The Lost World by Michael Crichton. This was on my reading list for a long time. Though I havent seen the movie but the details with which this book is written, I can imagine all scenes.

Five books that influenced me a lot:
May not be a unique list, but still...
- Surely youre joking Mr. Feynman:
A totally different approach to tell your autobiography; The book mainly comprises of anecdotes. But still it manages to covey how you could be curious character and a physicist at the same time. How you can learn things more effectively by experimenting rather by learning theory.

- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach:
Tells the story of how you can pursue and achieve your dream, become perfectionist. In the process the very people living together can become against you. The joy is in sharing and not keeping secret what you know.

- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho:
A fable about following your dream. "when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true". This is the core of the novel's philosophy and a motif that echoes behind Coelho's writing all through "The Alchemist". And isn't it true that the whole of humankind desperately wants to believe the old king when he says that the greatest lie in the world is that at some point we lose the ability to control our lives, and become the pawns of fate.

- Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson:
I hope to own the entire collection someday

- The Road Less Traveled: - M. Scott Peck


There are few more which I had liked at various times, "Harry Potter" and "The Lord of the Rings" for the sheer imagination, "Jeffery Archer" and "John Grishm" for the story telling, "The Godfather" by Mario Puzzo, "Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Da Vinci Code", "Malgudi Days" and few others. I will update this list as i keep remembering.

Tag few(five) people and make them do this:
Sameer,
Milind,
Gary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails